- Investigative Journalism
- Partner Articles
- The Election Petition
AfriCOG Points on the Election Petition
1. There are many, many more Forms 34 missing than what was reported by the judiciary. Judiciary said forms missing from 10 voting zones, but our interim report shows 15 constituencies minimum. Final report will show more.
2. If it is true that there were 36,236 voters in the "special register," how can they explain that the final register shows 12,500 more voters than the provisional register?
3. Ngatia said the green book is made up of the principle register, the special register and 12 trainees. If you add up those numbers, that gives us 14,388,793. The IEBC announced 14,352,545 registered voters on March 9. What accounts for the difference?
4. Respondents said errors were made across the country, with no discernible pattern. If that is true, then how can they explain approximately 68,000 additions to Central and Rift and about 14,000 subtractions from Coast and Nyanza?
Results from the 22 Polling Station Scrutiny
5. There are 14 polling stations in which there is variation between the number of registered voters in Form 34 and Form 36
6. There are 6 polling stations in which there is variation between the number of votes cast in Form 34 and Form 36
7. There is only 1 polling station in which the number of registered voters in the principle register and special register actually equal the green book (Nairibi Primary).
8.In two polling stations, using the Green Book and Votes Cast in Form 36, voter turnout exceeds 100 percent and in 1 polling station voter turnout is exactly 100 percent.
9. Using Form 34, voter turnout exceeds 100 percent in 16 polling stations. (Our analysis excludes PS 4, Kamobon Orthodox Church in Aldai, because Form 34 for this station was missing)
10. Using Form 36, voter turnout exceeds 100 percent in 18 polling stations. (Our analysis excludes PS 4, Kamobon Orthodox Church in Aldai, because Form 34 for this station was missing)
11. In Igembe Central, Polling Station 51, valid votes on Form 34 is recorded as 351. The actual number of valid votes (the sum of all valid votes for all candidates) is 551. This is a discrepancy of 200 votes.